Saturday, June 28, 2014

24 February 2014

The last week of the transfer approaches, and then I only have three more. Absolutely terrifying. Time flies so fast!

Tomorrow I get my new greenie companion. He should be out with the office Elders right now, trying his first Hot Pot.

Power week kind of flopped because I've been going to tons of meetings. Thursday was the Train the Trainers meeting. I think before I went into the meeting I was a little daunted about the prospect of training, but President Blickenstaff helped me feel a little excited for it. You know, I'm not really going to train, I think I'm going to be trained. I'm excited to see what I can learn from my new companion, and I'm excited to make a new friend.

People always say that you end up having a lot of the same character qualities as your trainer. Which is true. Elder Claflin has said multiple times that he can't wait to see "Mini Jorgensen".

On Sunday I biked into the parking lot of the church meetinghouse to see a girl that looked strikingly familiar. I coasted to my parking spot in a daze. "Wait.... No way. It can't be!" I ran inside to see my Taiwanese mother, Sister Zhang, with her daughter, Amy, waiting for me. They came to visit a family friend up here in our ward, but they also came to see me! They are doing very well. Amy turned 17 a few months ago. I still remember attending her 16th birthday party. Before they left, Sister Zhang gave me a ton of bread, and Amy gave me a pink tie to go with the blue one that she gave me when I left that area. I was so happy to see them! They are family to me, I love them so much. It was all I could do to restrain myself from giving them hugs.

We closed off the week with a wonderful meeting with the Presiding Bishop of the church, Bishop Stevenson. His son is in my district (he is the one I accidentally left the mission boundaries with). The meeting was great, but really, if all I heard was his testimony, I would have been satisfied. He bore a powerful witness of the Savior, and the power of his words shot through me like electricity. I just found myself crying. He was right, he was so right! The Savior does live! He loves us! He suffered and died for us! And He was ressurected! And if we follow Him, He will be our advocate with the Father, and we can live in Heaven with our families and have an eternal progression. I know these things are true, for I have received this witness for myself. This knowledge came from God.

I love you all. Have a wonderful week!

-Elder Jorgensen

P2181478

P2181490

P2181493

P2191494

No comments:

Post a Comment