Saturday, June 28, 2014

17 February 2014

Hello folks!

I'm afraid I don't have time to write much of a letter this week. Our email time has been cut short today because...

...I'M GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!

Finally! After a year and a half of waiting! WOOHOO!

Some interesting observations I made: I've noticed I've forgotten a lot about the temple. I don't remember the specifics of what we do there very clearly, and I have forgotten the feeling of the temple. I remember it feels good... but beyond that, I couldn't tell you. In fact, that memory had diminished so much that I noticed I didn't react very strongly when I found out I would be going. There was excitement there, but it was pretty small. This worried me, and I've been spending time trying to revive my memories to build my excitement, so that this will be a good spiritual experience.

This week was another hard week. Few lessons, and a lot of knocking doors. A lot of "No thank you"'s and "All churches are the same"'s. To top it off, there's all these other Taoist holidays going on, so nobody's really in the mood to hear about what they call an "American religion". Really tiring. The one thing that keeps my spirits up is recalling that I had it much worse in Hengchun. We still have a few investigators, so I'm happy about that. Plus, I have a fantastic companion, who is fired up and willing to "leave it all on the field". I remember a couple days ago when I knelt down and started praying, and found myself overcome with gratitude for my stellar companion. Times may be hard, but I don't think I've ever had more fun on my mission than now.

I'll write back more on Wednesday, we get another hour then.

Love to you all!

-Elder Jorgensen

P2131453

P2151454

P2151463

No comments:

Post a Comment