Saturday, May 24, 2014

2 December 2013

This week we had a spectacular mission tour. Elder Randy Funk of the Seventy (he spoke in the last General Conference Priesthood session) came and visited us. He talked a lot about consecration and 100% commitment to the work. Really, it all falls on the principle of obedience. If we are obedient, if we act on our faith, we get blessings. It's not enough just to believe that good things will happen; we have to be working to acquire those things.

I feel like this has been a major problem of mine. One common thing I tend to say to myself is: "Wouldn't it be cool if...", or, "I wish we could...", etc. Goals and wishes are great, but I never make the plans to achieve most of those dreams.

So I made some changes after the meeting. I decided that, first things first, I was going to start off my day correctly in the morning. I have been growing pretty lax toward the morning schedule, sometimes drifting into Personal Study time five to ten minutes late and rarely getting out of bed at 6:30 sharp. I'm noticing that as I obey with exactness the missionary schedule, I am blessed with more energy, better study, and better Chinese.

I also decided to consecrate my language study time. As I have focused my energy towards learning new words and reinforcing my Chinese, I have become more aware of mistakes I have made and have more ability to correct them. I also feel less frustrated with the language.

And how about some miracles!? One of our investigators, Brother Song, just passed a baptismal interview yesterday. Super solid. I'm really excited for him because he already has terrific support from the members: his best friend is the Relief Society President's daughter. The only thing holding him back is that he wants his parents to come to church once before he gets baptized. We agree that he should include his parents, but we're a little nervous about having his baptism delayed. After all, it's when you are on the right track that the adversary kicks in the strongest. We're going to turn over the decision to him, and let him pray about what he should do.

I also just found out that one of my English students in Gangshan, Willy (the one who gave me the ukulele), is getting baptized this Saturday. Nuts! So exciting!

It's now my last week in the promised land of Hengchun. I love it here, and I will be sad to leave. It's going to be a great week!

Love,

-Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment