Thursday, February 20, 2014

9 September 2013

A momentous announcement: Taiwan has started selling Peanut Butter M&M's!!! WOOHOO!!! As soon as I saw them, I couldn't resist buying a pack . . . so many childhood memories contained in those candy-coated balls.

The funeral was good, very similar to a Christian funeral (being as we're a Christian church). It was a beautifully simple funeral, and I enjoyed having the opportunity to be there and remember Sister Zhang. One thing I noticed: those who had a testimony of the gospel, albeit they were sad, still find moments to laugh and be happy. They also firmly testified of the reality of heaven and eternal families, and you could see the hope shining in their eyes for that day when they can meet her again. I felt sorry for those who did not have this testimony, for they were sad and emotionally distraught the whole way through. I sincerely hope that this experience will open their hearts to the beautiful doctrine of eternal life, as expounded in this restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, this week's letter is going to be short, I apologize. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! Things have been getting really tough for me emotionally, and yet your prayers and love have sustained me through all the trials.

Love,

-Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment