Thursday, February 27, 2014

21 October 2013

It's been one of those edifying, yet slightly frustrating weeks.

Stake Conference, a meeting where a bunch of local congregations meet together, was held this past weekend. The problem is that Hengchun is very, very far from where the meeting is held. After talking with some of the members, we found that very few, if any, were actually going to attend the conference. I was feeling a little panicked because, (1) we were nearly out of money and needed a ride, and (2) the conference would be all about missionary work, a message that would be really good to hear.

My companion and I whipped up a flyer inviting everyone to watch an older broadcast about this topic before the coming Sunday. Meanwhile, I was making phone calls to the mission office to work out the money situation.

The conference itself was fantastic. We had a broadcast with two of the apostles and some other general authorities specifically addressing the missionary work in Taiwan. I was inspired, and I felt like I gained some much needed guidance for the work in Hengchun. At the same time, I felt like I wanted to tear my hair out: only four members came. I love the members here so much, and I want so badly to help them be happy, but they didn't come to the thing they needed most.

Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun out here, and I absolutely LOVE Hengchun. I just get a little discouraged sometimes. I think it's a lot like how parents feel about their kids whenever their kids make incorrect choices.

Ah well, what's done is done, and now we just move forward and make the best of what we've got. Even though we face difficulty occasionally, it is definitely not the end of the world. With Christ and His power, anything is possible.

Love,

-Elder Jorgensen

PA180425

PA180424

PA180427

“Our new, hideous, reflective suspenders that we are required to wear at night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment