Sunday, May 26, 2013

29 April 2013

Spending the week in a tri-panionship is really, well, confusing. Since Elder Fiso had left, we combined both areas into one huge one (one of the largest in the mission), and had only a week to get familiar with the newly acquired half since Elder Wu was going back home. This means learning about the current investigators, recent converts, and less actives that they had been working with, along with getting familiar with the roads and addresses. Needless to say, it was a little stressful, but it looks like we managed. Elder Wu is gone now, and we have pretty much successfully integrated the new area into our work. Looking good!

But if a tri-panionship is nuts, imagine being in a quad-panionship. I'm pretty sure we were in the first quad-panionship in the history of the mission when the assistants to the President went on (eek!) surprise exchanges with us. We just get this phone call on Thursday morning from Elder Allen, saying, "Hey, we're here!" Apparently they forgot to call us and tell us they were coming. Thank goodness we had a decent plan put together though. It turned out to be a very productive day, in which we had five lessons, 160 people contacted, and 13 set up lessons. It was fun to be working with Elder Allen again, and we were able to catch up since the time when he had been my Zone Leader back in Lingya.

Something I've been noticing about my associations with Taiwanese is that they have a hard time guessing our ages. I would guess this would be true in just about every situation in which multiple ethnicities are present, but it's still really funny when they ask how many kids I have, assuming that I'm already old enough to be far along in marriage. One fun game that missionaries play before lessons is having the investigator or members guess how old we are. I usually get either 25 or 16.

I've been getting lots of opportunities to use my piano skills lately. I walked into church on Sunday, and was immediately approached by one of the counselors of the Bishopric, asking me to play piano for the meeting. It's really funny how this has happened in every area I've been in, and many missionary meetings as well. I'm so glad I have this wonderful talent, it's a fun and easy way to serve, and it seems like there is a big demand for it. So for those of you out there who are contemplating dropping a musical instrument, don't do it! Just put in the effort of practicing, and it will seriously pay off in the future.

Looks like I've got a short letter this week... Sorry about that. Hope all is well, and remember, pig intestines are not all that bad! Try it in a stew sometime.

Love,

-Elder Jorgensen

P4150132

“KFC is here, check it out!”

P4150135

P4150136

“Jua Bing (Green Onion Pancake) is pretty good with a fried egg and spinach on top.”

SAM_7205

“Check this out! It's Rich!!!!! WHOOHOO! He's serving up in Taichung right now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment