Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/03/2012

Some information before I depart:

Here’s the agenda. I leave July 5th and arrive at the Missionary Training Center (MTC), located in Provo, Utah. I’ll be there until September 1st, which then I will take a plane to Taichung, Taiwan. I will be in Taiwan until July 25th, 2014.

If you wish to contact me directly, I can receive letters and packages to the following address:

Elder David Hendrick Jorgensen
MTC Mailbox #96
TAIW-TCG 0920
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Please note: This address is only for when I am in the MTC. I will be posting a new address for when I go to Taiwan. If you send letters or packages, the MTC asks that you send them using ordinary Postal Service.

I also ask that the content of letters that you send are only content that would be a help, not a hindrance, for the work that I do: to build up the Lord’s kingdom by encouraging others to follow the path that Jesus Christ laid that leads to eternal life. I understand the desire to tell me the about the crazy weather or funny video, and it’s OK; I just need your help in keeping distractions to a minimum.

If letter writing is not really your thing (Ex: “Ahhh! Hand cramp!!!”), there are other ways to reach me. Just leave a comment on the blog or send me a message via Facebook. I personally cannot access these sites, so my parents will be forwarding messages to me. I cannot receive emails, as the email account I have been given is strictly for family contact only.

And please, please, please feel free to give me suggestions or questions to address in this blog! I love guidance, just like I love driving when I have directions.

Lastly, my mission president (the head honcho) has asked us as missionaries to be clear to blog readers that I personally am not updating this blog. As a missionary, I am only allowed to access church sites and church email. Therefore, I am not allowed to directly access this blog. Thankfully, I’ve got some fantastic parents that are willing to upload my letters home so y’all got something to read. Thanks mom and dad!

Thank you for your immense help and support! I appreciate all the love and counsel I’ve received from friends and family over the years, and I hope that I can express that gratitude through faithful blogging, so that you can feel the joy that I feel in serving the Lord and His children.

See you in two years! Stay cool! I love you!

-d

No comments:

Post a Comment